AIM-listed United Oil & Gas has provided an update on the drilling of the Al Jahraa-8 (‘AJ-8’) development well in the Abu Sennan concession, onshore Egypt. United holds a 22% working interest in the Licence, which is operated by Kuwait Energy Egypt.
Highlights from AJ-8 Well:
- Initial interpretations indicate a total of over 40m MD of net oil pay encountered cumulatively across three different reservoir units in a sidetrack (AJ-8ST1), after the initial hole was plugged back due to stability issues
- Preliminary results indicate over 30m of net pay in the Upper and Lower Bahariya reservoirs, significantly above pre-drill expectations
- The Abu Roash E (‘AR-E’) reservoir also appears to have encountered net pay, in line with pre-drill expectations
- The well has now been secured with liner in place, and will be completed and tested across the three pay intervals
- The successful discovery of commercial net pay in AJ-8ST1 makes it the 5th successful well in a row at Abu Sennan since United acquired its interest in the licence
Additional 2021 Exploration Well – ‘ASX-1X’
- Following the continued success and potential demonstrated at Abu Sennan, an additional, fully funded, exploration well (‘ASX-1X’) has now been added to the 2021 drilling schedule
- ASX-1X will be drilled 11km to the west of the successful ASD-1X well, which discovered 22m of net oil pay, before being put into production approximately two months after discovery
- The well will target multiple Abu Roash and Bahariya reservoirs and will also be drilled using the EDC-50 rig following completion of operations at the AJ-8 well
- Longer-term plans for unlocking additional potential in Abu Sennan licence are currently under discussion amongst the Joint Venture Partnership.
Click on the link below for full report