Exxon takes Namibe plunge

Exxon takes Namibe plunge

ExxonMobil has signed three risk service agreements (RSAs) with Angola for work in the Namibe Basin. Agência Nacional de Petróleo, Gás e Biocombustíveis (ANPG) announced the deal. The US super major signed up for work on Blocks 30, 44 and 45.

These areas are from 50 to 100 km offshore, in water depths ranging from 1,500 to more than 3,000 metres. The area covered by the blocks is around 17,800 square km. Exxon will have 60% stakes and serve as operator, while Sonangol P&P will have the remaining 40%.

“We will work with the Angolan government and ANPG to identify the border areas with the best resource potential, applying our proven experience and our cutting-edge technology,” said ExxonMobil’s general manager in Angola Andre Kostelnik.

Click on the link below for full report

Source: EnergyVoice

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.