Computer Tips and Tricks Everyone Should Know
Most computer geeks may consider themselves high enough learning new tricks, but there are always new ways to increase or sharpen your skills on the Computer. By the end of this post, I bet regardless of your skills with the computer, you will learn something new.
You can also share these tips and tricks to all your non-tech savvy’s family and friends to help them become better computer users as well.
- Restore Closed Tabs – Accidentally we can close tabs when working on our browsers. Don’t be bothered. Reopen the close tabs by pressing Ctrl + Shift + T. For MAC users press Cmd + Shift + T.
- Window snapping and multiple monitors control – Press Win + Arrow keys to cause a window to quickly snap to each side of the monitors. You can also press Shift + Window key + Arrows to jump to the other monitor. In the same way, pressing Windows + P will let you quickly set up a second display or projector.
- Password Protected Files – It’s very necessary to protect some important personal files. A simple way by protecting these files is to create an encrypted archive. The chances are you already have these software 7-zip, and WinRAR installed on your PC. Open any of the software you have and create a new archive. Select or encrypt the files and set a password on them.
- Undo – Almost any action can be undone. Ctrl + Z is the ultimate hotkey to undo anything. Undo doesn’t happen in typing only. If you mistakenly delete a file or folder and hit the Ctrl + Z, the action will be undone. (Ctrl + Y is used for redo).
- Handy Youtube keyboard shortcuts – Generally, the Spacebar is the hotkey used to pause and play videos on Youtube. Let me introduce you to these, try using K for pausing whiles J and L are used for backward/forward 10 seconds. M can be used to mute videos.
- Easily extract images from a word document (.docx) – Simply change the file extension .docx to .zip and open the file. The pictures will be available in a directory.
Click the link below for full details